Composed and shared by Ceduna Old Photos, Sue Trewartha and Erica Bodger.
This is the Ceduna Hotel. In the foreground you can see the railway line that went from the jetty, across what is the caravan Park now, and down the left hand side of Poynton St Road, down to the railway line. This private line was put in by WH Betts and not in use by around 1931.
WCS. 19 Jan 1934. District Council of Murat Bay. …AH Coote has completed the levelling off of the dismantled railway embankment adjacent to the Harbours Board reserve and C McInerheney has completed his contract for concrete curbing adjacent to the Ceduna Hotel… it was a decided improvement to the town… while there were Government surveyors in the area…they completed the survey of the hospital site… north of the town… surveyed a larger area than was their original intention…Cr Betts made a request that an extra fence should be erected at the water trough on the east parklands to prevent cattle straying… the most inexpensive manner of dealing with the difficulty would be to remove the trough to the racecourse and connect it with the town tank… The ash trees planted in the town were a practical failure… planted too late and the place is too exposed.